Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where it all began......


Not so long ago, (ok- a long time ago....1994), I walked into the auditorium of Council Rock High School to attend a talent show with some friends. We sat and watched/listened to many friends of ours who showcased their talents of which we already knew existed in them. About half-way through the show, a student who I had never seen, walked onto the stage with his accompanist and sang a song I had never heard. As the piano began to play, so "the voice" began to sing...."Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables. I sat, awestruck, in genuine amazement at the level of talent being belted from those lungs.


That night I went home and stood in the kitchen with my mom and said, "I heard this guy sing tonight with the most amazing voice and I have no idea who he is." Unbelievably....my mom knew who I was speaking of. Evan Weber...who had passed through the halls of Holland Elementary School the same time I was passing through the halls of Churchville ES. My mom never had him in 3rd grade but she certainly knew of him.


Not thinking much of it again, in the fall of 1994 I walked into my first Rock Ensemble rehearsal and immediately noticed Evan sitting across the room. Ever since the spring of 1994 when I first saw him, I had always thought he was a year older than me. I learned that day at rehearsal that he was my age and we'd be spending our senior year together in our small choral group. I was so excited to have the opportunity to sing with him.......having not one thought that I was singing with the future father of my beautiful baby boy :) And so the journey that took us to assembling cribs, making bottles, changing diapers and falling endlessly in love with every onesie we change began........

1 comment:

  1. awwwww, love it!!!! such a great history together!!! :) wishing you all the best as a new family of 3!!!! :) Jen Martin

    ReplyDelete